Blog Rolled

Reading...

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from maybe.sparrow. Make your own badge here.
Powered By Blogger

Knees and Sleep

V. keeps getting up on his knees to do that rocking back-and-forth thing babies do before they really figure out the crawling. Poor little uncoordinated monkey. Or, gorilla. J. (the husband) brought home a stuffed gorilla yesterday, and V. is quite pleased with it.

I was on CafeMom yesterday, in the "Born in October 2007" group, and I seriously think that some folks are totally full of it. "Little Aiden/Madison is talking, crawling, signing and eating filet mignon!" Riiiiiiiight. I may be a first timer, but I'm not an idiot. I'm thinking that a lot of people think that babbling 'ma ma ma ma ma' is 'talking.' And, that scooting is 'crawling.'

The Mommy Competition is already on, and they're only 7 months old. And, I suck at it already.

We are right on target, so far as I'm concerned.

We are all really tired, though. Night weaning is just not fun, it is, in fact, mostly comprised of hour-long cry-a-thons and the kicking off of blankets. We brought out the big guns, though--J. dug out the space heater. In May. Energy conservation be damned. So, between the warm, and the binkie, and the dark, and the general acceptance that he wasn't going to nurse, he finally passed out. And, I did. At 4:30, or so.

Better late than never.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I remember when Em was 6 months old and the size of a 1 year old... people already assumed he was 1 and why wasn't he walking and babbling... what is with all the pressure from other mamas... you just take it at your own pace with your wee one. Each kid does his own thing in his own time.

And that mom feeding her kid filet? Uuum, at 7 months? What... as a puree?! Ha Ha!

Heather said...

Oh P.S. Sorry, I forgot this. Since you've got a kid of puree food stage, I made a pear bread with stage 3 pears. Nice and moist for baby and mama. Recipe is on the blog. March 18th if you want to try. :-)

Veronica said...

Thanks. I'll check out the pear bread.